Location: Montréal, Québec
Founded in 2013, Altium’s mission is to take care of its clients and protect their wealth for generations to come.
At Altium, we believe that wealth goes beyond investments. We partner with our clients to understand, structure, and manage the complexities and nuances that typically come with significant wealth. Our clients are composed of entrepreneurs, executives, and their families. With registrations across Canada, we serve clients throughout Quebec, New Brunswick, Ontario, and British Columbia.
Driven by a commitment to our clients’ best interests, we deliver the highest standards of excellence and ethics every step of the way.
About the Role
The Portfolio Administrator has a vital role within the firm. They are responsible for executing, tracking, reconciling trading activities, and opening and maintaining client accounts. The Portfolio Administrator will produce and verify client and investment portfolio-related reports, support the team with administrative tasks and maintain the integrity of client and investment portfolio data in the internal portfolio management system and with the custodian.
You will work closely with the Investment Management and Wealth Management teams in managing client accounts and portfolios per the established investment strategy. The Portfolio Administrator role calls for experienced individuals with strong technical skills, attention to detail, effective communication abilities, and a willingness to always better serve the families who trust us.
How You Will Contribute:
- Ensure the execution, tracking and reconciliation of trading activities (buy, sell, withdrawals, deposits, transfers, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure the tracking and adjustment of market values, book values, pricing of funds, securities, and indices in the internal portfolio management system and with the custodian
- Process the opening and updating of new and existing client accounts
- Validate performance calculations
- Verify the calculation of fees and the execution of the invoicing process
Data Management and Reporting
- Update and maintain the integrity of client and investment portfolio data in the internal portfolio management system and with the custodian
- Produce and verify client quarterly investment reports
- Produce and verify client annual tax reports
- Produce and verify various recurring and ah-hoc reports
- Maintain and back up databases
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that appropriate regulatory and compliance requirements are met, along with the adherence to firm standards, policies, and business practices
- Escalate, document, and report any unusual occurrences or suspicious activities, as per firm procedures
- Identify opportunities that will lead to gains in productivity and efficiency
- Streamline, improve and standardize internal procedures
- Participate in various special projects and strategic initiatives
- Deliver an unparalleled Altium experience across every interaction with clients, partners, and colleagues
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a related role
- A University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) (an asset)
- Deeply knowledgeable and experienced in investment operations, financial markets, and investment products
- Thorough understanding and experience of portfolio and fund accounting
- Strong grasp of and experience with traditional and non-traditional (alternative) investment strategies
- Advanced financial data processing skills
- Adept at various computer systems and software
- Programming skills and understanding of database architecture (an asset)
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Elevated level of autonomy and responsibility
- Open-mindedness, willingness to continually learn, a collaborative spirit, and ability to communicate effectively
- High level of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluency in English and French skills is essential (written and verbal)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume by email to Oliver Balleani (email@example.com).
The application deadline is Friday, June 24th, 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Altium Wealth Architecture Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.